Re: [birt-dev] New BIRT Logo

Am 16.04.2021 um 08:55 schrieb Loetz, Christophe:

1.)    I have no chance to submit my logo as I will not apply as a “fulltime” designer. My task are other ones.

2.)    I will not support this kind of business model and therefore I will not support 99Designs, as I explained in my last mail.

I support Christophe here.

And I even think that the whole idea of creating a contest is pure overkill. There are other things to do, this whole logo discussion only costs us time and other ressources.

Disclaimer: I am a developer from Germany and aged >=50, I have no relation to Christophe's company and this is my personal opinion (probably not mainstream), no offence meant: I think Christophe's logo is a bit too colourful. In all other respects I like it. Anyway, the logo doesn't really matter to me. I understand Christophe's explanations about the ideas behind the logo. Furthermore, Christophe has spent considerable effort for the new logo and web site and this should be rewarded.

To put a long story short: I support Christophe's logo - I won't even look at others.

Henning

Back to the top