From: aspectj-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx on behalf of Gijs Peek
Sent: Mon 2/4/2008 14:16
To: aspectj-users@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [aspectj-users] field name conflict

This is intended behavior (i.e., no bug). The private inter-type field
is privately visible to the aspect, and as such does not conflict with
the private member in the class.

See
http://www.eclipse.org/aspectj/doc/released/progguide/semantics-declare.html#access-modifiers
for details.

cheers,
 - Gijs Peek

Dehua Zhang wrote:
> See the sample code below,
>
> public class OneType {
>     private String r;
> }
>
> privileged aspect A {
>     private int OneType.r; //no error
> }
>
> Since aspect A is declared as privileged, so it should have access to
the private filed "String OneType.r", therefore, the ITD "int OneType.r"
is conflict with the "String OneType.r", I got no warning regarding this.

> However, I got an error for the following code,
> privileged aspect A {
>     public int OneType.r; //[error] inter-type declaration from A
conflicts with existing member: java.lang.String onType.r
> }
>

> Is this an intended behavior or a bug? I tried both 1.5.4 and
DEVELOPMENT-20080125213731.