Re: [aspectj-users] Tools that generate AspectJ aspects

Eric,

The first version of Contract4J generated aspects based on Java 5 annotations. I subsequently rewrote it to use a fixed set of more-general aspects and a scripting language interpreter. If you would like to look at the original version, here's the link on sourceforge:

It's the "contract4j5_011" version.

It's worth mentioning that, in retrospect, I believe that I should have stayed with the original design ;)  It is much simpler and has much better performance than the more "sophisticated" new design.  I made this change because using C4J required another step in the build process (precompilation), while the latest version does not (it can even be used with LTW).

dean