Re: [ajdt-dev] Problem with an around advice being run "sometimes"

> sorry I wasnt more clear here - couldn't quite remember what it is called
> f the top of my head.  We have just checked and the feature I'm asking
> you to turn on hasnt been back ported to AJDT 1.3 (Doh!) so sorry I am
> giving you duff information...

I was starting to think so as well :) As a developer you usually have the
LATEST version fresh in mind.
Anyway, I was thinking of to test 3.2 with AJDT 1.4last weekend but did not
have the time. I might be able to do it this weekend and if it works with
our dev env (Perforce/P4WSAD etc) turn on those extra log for you.

However, if I am not mistaking AJDT 1.4 uses AspectJ 1.5.2 whereas AJDT uses
AspectJ 1.5.1,
so it might not be comparable? (There was actually a thread "syncing AJDT
with AspectJ build?" in eclipse.technology.ajdt started by Barry Kaplan
recently where him, me and M Chapman discussed this issue. Don't know if
there is an enhancement request for it. Otherwise I gladly file one since in
my case I use Eclipse  + Maven Eclipse Plugin for development but Maven only
to generate releases, so sync between AspectJ versions is of essence.)

> Sending me stuff directly is fine.  Is maven relatively transparent whilst
> you are working with the AJDT projects?

Yes. It adds a Maven2 Builder to Builder and that is it. It basically just
makes sure that the library dependencies are in the local repository.

> I guess I have your aspect (from the first email in this thread) so right
> now I'll try recreating it with
> just that - can I ask if there are any other Aspect constructs that will
> also
> be applying at the same join point? For example do you add the
> transactional
> annotation to methods using 'declare @method' ?

No other aspect constructs at all. This is the ONLY aspect in the whole
system/project.
I can send you the source code of the Transactional annotation if you want.

> Incremental compilation is looking more and more guilty.  I see in your
> screenshot you have 'no inline' selected (2nd screenshot), does it
> behave any differently in AJDT if you turn that option off and allow
> inlining?

I turned of the "No inline" option. No difference - still works every other
time or so.
The "No inline" option was suggested by Matt Chapman in the
eclipse.technology.ajdt news group thread "My Aspect is not run" when I
needed the execution to stop at break points in my around advice (same
advice that is causing problems now as well..).

/Jimisola
Sent from the Eclipse Ajdt - Dev forum at Nabble.com.

Back to the top