[ajdt-dev] Problem with an around advice being run "sometimes"

Hi!

I have problem with an around advice being run "sometimes".

At first I suspected it to be AspectJ and posted this to the mailing list:
http://www.nabble.com/Pointcut-primitive-%22this%28Point%29%22-and-interfaces-tf1894816.html

Immedietly after the problem changed and I now suspect AJDT or the Maven
Eclipse Plugin.

I am using Eclipse 3.1.2 with AJDT 1.3.1 and m2eclipse 0.0.9.

I have a simple pointcut that should match methods that:

 1. are in/under package se.example
 2. has the annotation @Transactional
 3. implements the interface MyInterface

    pointcut TRANSACTIONAL(Transactional transactionalAnnotation):
        execution(@Transactional * se.example..*(..))
        && @annotation(transactionalAnnotation);
        && this(MyInterface);

    Object around(final Transactional transactional) throws StorageException
: TRANSACTIONAL(transactional)
    {
       // here I actually log using log4j "Entering around(Transactional = "
+ transactional + ");
      MyInterface myInterface = (MyInterace)thisJoinPoint.getThis();
    }

I have a class that implements MyInterface and that has a method annotated
with the Transactional annotation.

This method doesn't cause the around advice to run EVERY TIME when I use the
above pointcut. It seems to do well for a couple of runs then the around
advice isn't run and then suddently it works again.

Is there a problem with the AspectJ compilation within Eclipse?

Regards,
Jimisola

Sent from the Eclipse Ajdt - Dev forum at Nabble.com.

Back to the top