Re: [ajdt-dev] Problem with an around advice being run "sometimes"

I am not following here. There is no "filter option" in the top right my
AJDT event trace view (available are: Clean Console, Minimize, Maximize). Do
you meann the "filter option" under Problems view? If so, then nothing is
filtered out here.

sorry I wasnt more clear here - couldn't quite remember what it is called
off the top of my head.  We have just checked and the feature I'm asking
you to turn on hasnt been back ported to AJDT 1.3 (Doh!) so sorry I am
giving you duff information...

If you *were* in AJDT 1.4, then in the AJDT event trace view are two
buttons in the top right:  "Clear console" and
"Configure categories to trace" - if you select the second one you can turn on:

Compiler/Progress messages
Compiler/Task list messages
Builder/Classpath

and get extra output.

I don't know if I'll be able to create a "small-ish" testcase. We use Maven
as well. Are you okay with that and using the Maven Eclipse Plugin? As for
the woven classes I have to check with management . Would it be possible to
send you files directly, so that is not available to the public?

Sending me stuff directly is fine.  Is maven relatively transparent whilst
you are working with the AJDT projects?  I guess I have your aspect
(from the first email in this thread) so right now I'll try recreating it with
just that - can I ask if there are any other Aspect constructs that will also
be applying at the same join point? For example do you add the transactional
annotation to methods using 'declare @method' ?

Important: I've run it from the console 5-6 times now and it works every
single time so far.

Incremental compilation is looking more and more guilty.  I see in your
screenshot you have 'no inline' selected (2nd screenshot), does it
behave any differently in AJDT if you turn that option off and allow
inlining?

Andy.

On 06/07/06, Jimisola Laursen <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi again,

I really appreciate your quick responses - great service/support :)

> Did you turn on the extra output for the AJDT event trace view? (ie.
> click the filter in the top right and check all the boxes) - I just
> would have expected it to say why it decided to perform a full build
< when AJDT asked for an incremental one.

I am not following here. There is no "filter option" in the top right my
AJDT event trace view (available are: Clean Console, Minimize, Maximize). Do
you meann the "filter option" under Problems view? If so, then nothing is
filtered out here.

> However, you seem to be saying as I suspected, that after an
> incremental build has occurred the advice doesn't run.  I really would
> like to get to the bottom of this - anything you can do to narrow it
> down to a small-ish testcase or if you can let me have the woven
> classes when they fail and when they work - I can start to debug it.

I don't know if I'll be able to create a "small-ish" testcase. We use Maven
as well. Are you okay with that and using the Maven Eclipse Plugin? As for
the woven classes I have to check with management . Would it be possible to
send you files directly, so that is not available to the public?

Important: I've run it from the console 5-6 times now and it works every
single time so far.

Links to screenshots of my settings for AspectJ/AJDT:

http://www.nabble.com/user-images/3150.jpg
http://www.nabble.com/user-images/3151.jpg
http://www.nabble.com/user-images/3152.jpg
http://www.nabble.com/user-images/3153.jpg