Re: [ajdt-dev] strange problem using AJDT with Eclipse 3.0 m4

Hi Ron,

I found that using incremental compilation in Eclipse 3.0 m3 broke badly for me (and submitted a bug report).

I have the same problems running AJDT 1.1.4 without incremental compilation. The same wrong output is produced.

I believe the problem is that the AspectJ compiler reuses some of the JDT compiler classes and it has to use internal interfaces; so a major shift like from 2.1 to 3.0 requires work on the compiler core. There was a need to work on this in the move from 2.0 to 2.1.

Ah, I see. Is there anybody working on this at the moment? I would love to use m4 with AJDT for my OOPSLA demo. Any chance?

Best regards,
Martin

On Thu, 16 Oct 2003 21:11:03 +0200, Martin Lippert wrote

Hi,

I have a very strange problem using AJDT 1.1.4 with Eclipse 3.0 m4. I compiled an aspect that contains something like:

thisJoinPoint.getSignature();

The compiler output for this (using the -noweave option) is wrong. The bytecode for the compiled aspect contains a call to the class org.aspectj.lang.JoinPoint.getSignature (instead of JoinPoint$StaticPart.getSignature which would be right).

Now the strange thing: If I compile the same aspect using AJDT 1.1.4 within Eclipse 2.1.1 the bytecode of the compiled aspect is correct.

Any idea on that??????

Best regards,
Martin

Ron Bodkin