Re: [ajdt-dev] strange problem using AJDT with Eclipse 3.0 m4

Hi Martin,

I found that using incremental compilation in Eclipse 3.0 m3 broke badly for
me (and submitted a bug report).

I believe the problem is that the AspectJ compiler reuses some of the JDT
compiler classes and it has to use internal interfaces; so a major shift like
from 2.1 to 3.0 requires work on the compiler core. There was a need to work
on this in the move from 2.0 to 2.1.

On Thu, 16 Oct 2003 21:11:03 +0200, Martin Lippert wrote
> Hi,
>
> I have a very strange problem using AJDT 1.1.4 with Eclipse 3.0 m4.
> I compiled an aspect that contains something like:
>
> thisJoinPoint.getSignature();
>
> The compiler output for this (using the -noweave option) is wrong.
> The bytecode for the compiled aspect contains a call to the class
> org.aspectj.lang.JoinPoint.getSignature (instead of
> JoinPoint$StaticPart.getSignature which would be right).
>
> Now the strange thing: If I compile the same aspect using AJDT 1.1.4
> within Eclipse 2.1.1 the bytecode of the compiled aspect is correct.
>
> Any idea on that??????
>
> Best regards,
> Martin

Ron Bodkin