Re: [m2e-users] Long term outlook for 'M2E pluginexecutionnotcovered'

> I find the idea that Maven plugin developers should be responsible for
> IDE integration to be a little strange. Should a Maven plugin
> developer be expected to provide integration into Eclipse, Netbeans,
> IDEA, JDeveloper, etc, etc? Thankfully other IDEs aren't showing signs
> of taking a similar direction to m2e - how high would the barrier to
> entry for new Maven plugin developers become if they did? Please don't
> underestimate how much work you've given plugin developers here,
> creation and maintenance of an m2e connector along with every new
> plugin is *a lot* of additional work.

Maven AND Maven plugins are external tools...  Basically, the maven plugins
are not made ??to be used from any IDE ! If you want to use them from an
IDE, you will need a specific bridge to connect them to the GUI...

> So I expect developers in my organisation may stick to Helios +
> m2eclipse 0.12 for the time being. I truly hope that in a future
> Eclipse release train the m2e development team will rethink this.

Why not migrate to Indigo & M2e 1.0? You can still
- use a external version of maven from M2E
or
- launch the Maven commands from Eclipse
and
- use m2e to build your POM (main feature of the plugin).

Regards,
Philippe

Back to the top