Re: [m2e-users] Long term outlook for 'M2E plugin execution not covered'

Am 11.08.11 20:37, schrieb Max Rydahl Andersen:
> On Aug 10, 2011, at 09:37, Alexander Vaysberg wrote:
>
>>> If you know of an IDE that does it better let me know.
>>>
>>> Last I checked netbeans just delegate to Maven == SLOW!
>>> And intellij reads some parts of the metadata and ignores the rest == Hiding the errors.
>>>
>>> (this was last year - if things has changed I would love to hear)
>>>
>>> /max
>>> http://about.me/maxandersen
>> I think, you rotate the the view.  Maven is the tool, which  m2e plug-in
>> must be integrate. That mean, that all possibility, what you can make
>> with mvn on the console, must be work with m2e plug-in. Or ?
> not following you about "rotate the view".
>
> Making m2e (or any IDE) support *everything* that mvn can do in the console
> is simply not possible. Neither is it possible to make mvn support everything the IDE can do.
>
> There is a balance to be found.
I know once. I had change to eclipse 3.6 and had no problem with m2e
plug-in from Sonotype.
But now I can not change to eclipse 3.7. The maven plugin is bad. The
balance is null!. Yes, the developer for maven plugin can say, than you
can using the console or other IDE. But all know, that lot of developer
using Eclipse with Maven. And lot of developer say now, that plugin is
not usable and I had it understood and I try say it m2e developer. But
the developer say only, it is performance and better. What is better?
Better if you developer can't using the plug-in for development? But
version 0.12.x work for many developer with out problem.

> And as I outlined it different IDE's does it differently - I believe m2e's approach by its core is currently the better approach since it enforces awareness of the lacking pieces and as it grows those errors (which I still would prefer to be warnings) will be reduced to a set of very few inherent IDE incompatible
> maven plugins.
The solution for IntelliJ and Netbean are not bad and now better as
Eclipse. IntelliJ import Maven Projekt and create the Execution for all
Projekts (you must not forget MultiModule). Eclipse can't this make. The
Configuration is simple and all maven cycles work without problem.