Re: [m2e-users] Long term outlook for 'M2E plugin execution notcovered'

Am 13.08.11 17:33, schrieb Philippe Bastiani:
> Alexander,
>
> You cannot say that the new m2e is bad ! Perhaps you'd work practices; and,
> you need to acquire new ones...
>
> IMHO, m2e (old and new generation) is not a tool that can should replace
> Maven CLI:
> - If you xx projects to build / test / deploy a dedicated tool like Jenkins
> is the only viable solution.
> - by against, M2e is useful:  to construct a short list of projects directly
> from Eclipse; to write pom(s), etc
>
> The previous version was too intrusive: of course, your developer could act
> directly on the different configurations of the IDE ... but, with a risk of
> inconsistencies between your various tools. Today, this configuration is
> supported by the providers of your tools; and, not by your developers...
> This is, IMHO, a great news. That allows your provider to build solution
> fully integrated to Eclipse. Today, the main problem is that connector of
> third party tools are not yet available !
I don't know, but I think the idea with connector not gut was(is). If I
or other write the plug-in for maven, than I must write the connector
for eclipse(?????).

I think the solution was a possibility to configurate a project with
configuration file in .setting. In this configuration file can the
developer the live cycles changes and other configuration from maven pom
get and as default using. It's simple and gut for all. Or that to complex?

> Now we can discuss the opportunity to integrate the configuration of the
> connectors directly into the POM. IMHO, this is not the best solution since
> these configurations do not affect the Maven life cycle ! I think it would
> be preferable that each connector uses separate configuration files... files
> to be placed with the configuration of the IDE.
>
> Regards,

Back to the top