Re: [iot-wg] IoT Server Platform

On 9/11/2015 9:38 AM, Scott Lewis wrote:
Hi Kai,
Thanks for pointing this out. The ECF certainly could be a valuable component for implementing an IoT Server Platform.
I am by no means an expert in ECF and I wonder whether ECF's protocol implementations can also be used outside of an OSGi framework and using strict messaging semantics, i.e. in a message exchange pattern not necessarily implementing
a remote service invocation but instead simple message forwarding?

Yes. There are several transport providers that can be used outside of OSGi. e.g. the generic provider (which I use myself in Android environments, for example), the JMS provider, the MQTT provider, the Jax-RS providers, the Hazelcast provider.

For everyone's information: ECF 3.11.0 has just been released [1]. The New and Noteworthy [2] describes some of the support for Jax-RS and Hazelcast providers that take advantage of ECF's standards-based pluggable distribution provider approach.

Scott

[1] https://www.eclipse.org/ecf/downloads.php
[2] https://www.eclipse.org/ecf/NewAndNoteworthy.html
[3] https://wiki.eclipse.org/Tutorial:_Using_REST_and_OSGi_Standards_for_Micro_Services