Re: [iot-wg] IoT Server Platform

Hi Kai,

On 9/10/2015 8:33 AM, Hudalla Kai (INST/ESY) wrote:
<stuff deleted>

Earlier this year we have initiated a discussion around this topic within the IoT Working Group and started to document some initial ideas for such common infrastructure components in the wiki [1]. After the summer season we would now like to pick up the discussion regarding the scope and intent of the IoT Server Platform again and would love to see more members of the IoT Working Group taking part in order to create a clearer picture of what functionality the platform should provide and what components would therefore need to be created. I think this is an excellent opportunity for all of us to create relevant and exciting technology that will prove valuable to developers of IoT solutions targeting cloud deployments.

So if you have an interest in discussing and creating such technology we would love to hear about your thoughts on this mailing list and encourage you to take part in the upcoming calls we are setting up to discuss the IoT Server Platform. We will keep you posted regarding the dates and dial-in numbers on the mailing list!

Thanks!

ECF's implementation of OSGi Remote Services/Remote Service Admin [2] is clearly technically related to IoT Server Platform work and IoT more generally, and we've articulated some of those technical connections here [3]. Further, I'm aware of several cloud-based products successfully using ECF's RSA implementation right now.

There is a bit of a problem, however, in that as much as ECF would like to participate in the EF IoT Server Platform work, we are currently somewhat process-limited in how much we can contribute because we are not sponsored or supported by an IoT working group company. For the record, we would welcome committers/contributors to ECF from the IoT working group.

With EclipseCon 2015 coming up we also would like to set up a session in the Unconference on Monday if there is a common interest for also discussing IoT Server Platform face-to-face. Would you be participating in such a session?

It is possible that some of ECF's Europe-based committers will attend EclipseCon 2015, if they are able to attend I'm sure they would be happy to participate.

Best,

Scott

[1] https://wiki.eclipse.org/IoT/IoTServerPlatform

[2] https://wiki.eclipse.org/ECF#OSGi_Remote_Services
[3] https://wiki.eclipse.org/IoT/IoTServerPlatform#Relevant_Technology_Components

Mit freundlichen Grüßen/ Best regards
Kai Hudalla
Chief Software Architect

Bosch Software Innovations GmbH
Schöneberger Ufer 89
10785 Berlin
GERMANY
www.bosch-si.de

Mobile +49 (151) 54336335
Phone +49 (30) 726 112-145
kai.hudalla@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Registered office: Berlin, Register court: Amtsgericht Charlottenburg, HRB 148411 B
Executives: Dr.-Ing. Rainer Kallenbach; Michael Hahn