Re: [flux-dev] Status update

Hi!
GSOC final evolution is approaching, and I am little bit worried about how to present the work I have done in this project. The biggest problem is that my work was mostly in research field, so it's hard to summarize and it's easy to get lost during the research process.
However, it's time to make final spurt in order to get something delivered to Eclipse Community, so I'm ready to hear some proposals, where I can put some effort in.

Currently, I am trying to implement the mechanism that detects changes among synced flux clients. What should happen if the receiver has file not in the same state? I would like to know more about how history of changes should work in that case.
What about merging logic of file system synchronization. Eclipse flux plugin implementation and Flux file watcher implementation are using the same code to build messages and send to flux and receive messages.
Should I change the way of message construction in flux codebase in the same way, like it is done in the flux file watcher or not?

BTW, Flux file watcher uses Google Guice for dependency injection and it's required to get file watcher running. Should I keep away of using Guice in flux codebase, or it's OK to add this dependency?

BR,
Fjodor

Back to the top