[wtp-proposal] Rich Internet Application

Hi,
   Nowadays, most web developers only focus their eyes in the server side technologies. However it is also very important to innovate the browser side techs to improve users' experiences. HTML could not longer satisfy such a demand. Maybe we should choose Flash or SVG as a language to develop browser side apps, so called "Rich Internet Application". It can simplify the development of both browser side and server side apps. HTML layout is really not easy to control by programs. So why not Eclipse Web Tools Platform focusing on SVG to build a WYSIWYG IDE for it. I have done some work in this issue, in fact I have developed such a plugin, called "SVG Widget Framework Plug-in". It has won a prize in the "Internation Challenge for Eclipse". Of course, it is still in its very begining level. But we can improve it and make it a powerful tool. For example adding the _javascript_ debug feature into it etc. You can find more details in my web site: http://www.openvue.net/projects.php. Anyways, I would like to contribute some codes for Eclipse Web Tools Platform Project, if possible.

Best wishes,
Xinjie ZHANG

Back to the top