Re: [wtp-proposal] Rich Internet Application

> Xinjie ZHANG wrote :
>
> Hi,
>    Nowadays, most web developers only focus their eyes in the server
> side technologies. However it is also very important to innovate the
> browser side techs to improve users' experiences. HTML could not
> longer satisfy such a demand. Maybe we should choose Flash or SVG as a
> language to develop browser side apps, so called "Rich Internet
> Application". It can simplify the development of both browser side and
> server side apps. HTML layout is really not easy to control by
> programs. So why not Eclipse Web Tools Platform focusing on SVG to
> build a WYSIWYG IDE for it.

SVG is a W3C standard based on XML. SVG is not listed into the Web
Standard Tools but it belongs to the XML family languages. Some support
will be provided. The proposal says that : "The Editor Model will offer
developers a set of APIs to access Web models, participate in build and
refactoring activities, and allow them to easily create various text,
and graphical editors."

> I have done some work in this issue, in
> fact I have developed such a plugin, called "SVG Widget Framework
> Plug-in". It has won a prize in the "Internation Challenge for
> Eclipse". Of course, it is still in its very begining level. But we
> can improve it and make it a powerful tool. For example adding the
> JavaScript debug feature into it etc.

The Web artifacts of the Web Standard Tools subproject will represent
Web standard models and will include, for example, XML family languages
(just like SVG) and JavaScript/ECMAScript. The Editor Model is aimed to
encompass editors in a broad sense, i.e. editors, validators and
document generators. One can say also that The Web Standard Tools
subproject plans hybrid source editing (see "Some Architectural
Principles" section). So, one can add that hybrid SVG/JavaScript is in
the focus of the proposal.

> You can find more details in
> my web site: http://www.openvue.net/projects.php. Anyways, I would
> like to contribute some codes for Eclipse Web Tools Platform Project,
> if possible.

Support is welcome! Thanks.

> Best wishes,
> Xinjie ZHANG