RE: [wtp-incubator-dev] Integrating the JAX-WS DOM Tools contribution

Hi Shane, Oisin,

By specification, J2EE 1.4 modules (such as web 2.4 modules) support JAX-RPC web services only. Tomcat support for JAX-WS services in web 2.4 modules from my point of view is a Tomcat implementation specificity. Other application servers (e.g. JBoss 5) would probably not support this case. I think that it is not a good idea to implement deviations from standards only because of Tomcat sake.

> We've always wanted the JAXWS stuff to work in the 3.5.x series of
> Eclipse and in that series, the default module that comes up in the
> wizard is 2.4

I created a dynamic web module for the Tomcat6 target runtime (I don't have Tomcat5 installed on my computer). The default module version in this case is set to 2.5. If you set the module version to 2.4 by yourself you would get a couple of predefined facet configurations. All these predefined configurations except "CXF Web Services Project v2.4" would install jst.java 1.4 facet in the module project. Thus putting JAX-WS annotations in a web 2.4 module would result in compilation errors if annotations (including JAX-WS annotations) are used in the source code.

Best regards, Danail

Back to the top