Re: [wtp-incubator-dev] XML Security Tools Docs

Dominik Schadow wrote:
Hi Dave,

I had a look at your documentation in the wiki (e.g.
http://wiki.eclipse.org/XSLT_Project/UserGuide/Editor). Is there
anything I should keep in mind when starting to write the XML Security
Tools documentation in the wiki too? Any experience on your side that
will make it easier later to create the documentation?
You'll want to take a look at the Eclipse Wiki Documentation Guidelines:

http://wiki.eclipse.org/DocumentationGuidelines

This is based off of work and ideas from both the Ubuntu, Fedora, and GNome projects which use the wiki to source the documentation and then go into other forms for generating the final documentation.

The wiki based documentation if going directly to Eclipse Help format can be generated by using Mylyn WikiText. If you need the documentation in other formats I recommend generating to DocBook with Mylyn WikiText and then doing any clean up before generating to you final formats.

There is work to make the Wiki to DocBook conversion more accurated, but it's pretty good now.

Dave

Back to the top