RE: [ui-best-practices-working-group] EclipseCon panel

I think that it fantastic to have Benson or someone like him on the panel
(and thanks for the link, I hadn't seen that before).  I actually was
thinking of the Eclipse Foundation "management" as representing the voice of
the frustrated user.  While I love the idea of someone actually dressing up
as the pointy-haired boss on the panel, I think the key thing is to have the
opinions of the developers working on the specific projects balanced by the
opinion of users consuming the cross-project output.

In my opinion people from the Foundation have a unique perspective on the
gripes of the user community and ecosystem as a whole.  If we can get Benson
or a user like him I think that we should definitely have him or her on such
a panel.  But I still think it's worth considering having someone from the
Foundation on the panel, due to their broader perspective from doing
outreach, marketing, and other evangelism of the Eclipse UI experience as a
whole.

Mik

Back to the top