RE: [ui-best-practices-working-group] EclipseCon panel

> > * Manager being unreasonable in expecting UI consistency from projects:
> > Mike and/or Bjorn (?)
>
> As much as I love playing the role of the pointy-haired boss, perhaps
this
> position on the panel could be better filled by a frustrated user miffed
> with the lack of UI consistency? Someone like Benson Margulies[1] for
> example?

Thanks for the pointer. After reading the thread, I don't think that
inviting Benson to a panel on user interface issues would be a good idea.
He complained about more fundamental problems, such as bugs that prevented
installing or running components of Europa, and mismatches between the SDK
and WTP regarding classpath management.

I don't want to diminish these problems, but I believe a panel of user
interface experts at EclipseCon is not the best way to attack them.

Boris

Back to the top