Re: [technology-pmc] Moving Code from Recommenders.Incubator to Recommenders project

Hi Gunnar,

thanks for your advice.

> Am 11.04.2014 um 10:50 schrieb Andreas Sewe <andreas.sewe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
>> As our recommenders.incubator encompasses quite a few different projects
>> and Git repos (only parts of a single Git repo will be moved), that
>> means a large number of CQs (even if they are only piggy-back CQs on
>> Orbit) for libraries that are not used by the moved portion of code.
>
> You don’t need CQs for dependencies inherited from other Eclipse projects. But you do need CQs for any additional library you use even for incubation projects.

What do you mean by "inherited"? Does that mean that an foo.incubator
project is automagically allowed to use any library that foo has a CQ on
file for?

Or do you simply mean that a project doesn't need CQs for transitive
dependencies, only for direct ones?

> EMO and/or the IP team should be able to confirm that but I believe that it’ should be possible to scope the IP log to the portion of the code that you are moving.

That would be great, even more so if parts of this could be automated.
(Limiting the IP log to one of recommenders.incubator's four Git repos
would be a big step forward already.)

Best wishes and thanks again for your help.

Andreas

--
Codetrails UG (haftungsbeschränkt)
The knowledge transfer company