Re: [technology-pmc] Moving Code from Recommenders.Incubator to Recommenders project

Am 11.04.2014 um 11:22 schrieb Andreas Sewe <andreas.sewe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> What do you mean by "inherited"? Does that mean that an foo.incubator
> project is automagically allowed to use any library that foo has a CQ on
> file for?
>
> Or do you simply mean that a project doesn't need CQs for transitive
> dependencies, only for direct ones?

It’s the latter. If foo.incubator uses Jetty, then it doesn’t need CQs for any dependency the Jetty project has.

>> EMO and/or the IP team should be able to confirm that but I believe that it’ should be possible to scope the IP log to the portion of the code that you are moving.
>
> That would be great, even more so if parts of this could be automated.
> (Limiting the IP log to one of recommenders.incubator's four Git repos
> would be a big step forward already.)

I think it’s not automated. The way it works is that you generate an IP log and then (when submitting) identify the pieces that are relevant (or not) and put it into the comment/note box to request adjustments.

-Gunnar

--
Gunnar Wagenknecht
gunnar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx