Re: [technology-pmc] ORMF project needs assistance with project BA&D and SCM in general

It is forth to mention that PDE build is not the only option that is being used to build Eclipse pluigns and other artifacts.

For example M2E project is working on a Maven-based build, called Tycho. It is already quite capable and we are using Tycho to build M2E, its features, update site and p2 metadata. Currently code is hosted outside of Eclipse, but it will eventually move to eclipse.org.

There is a short walk trough for the process of configuring Tycho build for existing Eclipse project http://live.eclipse.org/node/619

You can read more about Tycho on the project wiki at http://docs.codehaus.org/display/M2ECLIPSE/Tycho+project+overview

 regards,
 Eugene

Joel Rosi-Schwartz wrote:
Hi,

The other question I had is "Where does Buckminster fit into the the Foundation's plans?" As I said earlier, I had thought that Buckminster was to be the future of the EF build structure. Was I incorrect, has the thinking changed or am I missing a piece to the puzzle?

Thanks,
Joel

Back to the top