Re: [technology-pmc] ORMF project needs assistance with project BA&D and SCM in general

Joel, I brought this topic up with the architecture council. To make a long story short, Nick Boldt, one of the figures driving the Common Build Infrastructure (CBI) [1] work on the Dash project seems to think that they are a couple of weeks away from having something usable for projects to do the build.

I'd like to suggest that you give the CBI folks some time to get to a point where they can automate most of the build process for you. Chances are there will be some rough corners in the beginning, but I can't imagine that it'll be any worse that what you're dealing with now.

Wayne

[1] http://wiki.eclipse.org/Common_Build_Infrastructure

Back to the top