[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [swtbot-dev] general question about how SWTBot works
- From: Ketan Padegaonkar <ketanpadegaonkar@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2011 07:10:50 -0700
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date :message-id:subject:from:to:cc:content-type :content-transfer-encoding; bh=VlTOqkRi0ZFnaZd4rqORvptISSRhpEpGxmJvAypcoTY=; b=PUDyBJJ/TUkg7pw3LSembu817IhslzWyTGp3M1MrtU3nWvG2Qdp/czEmKkf5mqW2pN 8ic3eWex7aG9NcpxpOkzdFPLtiXjY8DfnxTmo38izwMdffzz88P+Gurfz5INa0vNIIJZ 7UD6wBjCjlGCIBty3hR5C84R56eVnvdPTtGEw=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :cc:content-type:content-transfer-encoding; b=qLN5B4+edQdLOVnPIa7fyK+ci35Z6bBwa5HEnRiD3wRte1HdN7kTSQlGRQG09ORPQQ 1sKSrqrG3TKEncY33x/myCPMpfZ3LO4ZFSPp/YJqrQfx4NvtQWseh55tgkQNqCf3dc1k JfDX9jag7X64cX19lSV/dQKmCK6iOzWCENI6Q=
On Wed, Apr 13, 2011 at 6:26 AM, Tom Brus <tombrus@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I am specially interested in these issues because our application needs
> multi user testing and I need to orchestrate parallel starts of our
> application on multiple machines. If every instance is running its own test
> in its VM it is just harder to synchronise.
Someone had forked SWTBot to add RMI support in order to do just this.
They were building some plugins for pair programming and needed to
orchestrate 2 eclipse instances from within one test.
The fork is available at: https://github.com/szuecs/swtbot. It is
slightly out of date, but you should be able to apply those patches to
From prior testing, this form of testing is very very brittle given
the number of moving parts. I'd suggest keeping it to a bare minimum.
studios.thoughtworks.com | twitter.com/ketanpkr