Re: [swtbot-dev] general question about how SWTBot works

Thanks for the quick reply Mickeal!

Ok, so I can just add some modules to my shipping application and run the tests, cool.

About the multi user setup: I do not think that the Eclipse IDE is tested multi user (but correct me if wrong). Indeed it is not an SWTBot issue in itself, I am just wondering if/how we could use SWTBot for this.

Because a test is run inside every application's VM, I can only come up with a scheme that has a test for each 'simulated-user'. These separate tests somehow need to communicate over the network to do their steps "in concert". Then I probably have to write some plain old java code to sync this. Not impossible, but rather low level.

Another setup (with the same disadvantage) would be a sort of master JUnit test that just starts our application multiple times remotely each one with an SWTBot test of it's own and then communicates over the network with these tests to do various steps "in concert". Not impossible, but rather low level again.

Can anyone recommend Jubula for this?
Is it already on a usable level? I can only build it from source it seems...

Thanks,
Tom