[swtbot-dev] general question about how SWTBot works

Hi List,

I am investigating SWTBot for our project. I just ran some tutorial and it all works fine.

I have some questions though that I could not really google.
  • Am I right that the JUnit-SWTBot-test runs in the same VM as the target application?
As far as I can see the answer to the above question is 'yes' (just like to have this confirmed first). If the above is true, I have a few more questions:
  • Is there a setup to run it in a different VM or even on a different machine?
  • Does this also mean that I need a special build of my application for SWTBot testing (which includes SWTBot plugins and my test plugin), or can SWTBot be temporarily added to a shippable application?
I am specially interested in these issues because our application needs multi user testing and I need to orchestrate parallel starts of our application on multiple machines. If every instance is running its own test in its VM it is just harder to synchronise.

Any hints for this kind of setup?

Thanks,
Tom

Back to the top