Re: [swtbot-dev] general question about how SWTBot works

Thanks for the pointer Ketan, I will have a look, but our schedule will probably not allow us to maintain our own fork...

Brittle is indeed the word ;-) but then the main aspect of our application is multi user so we need to know if problems occur there before shipping.... alas.

-Tom

On Wed, Apr 13, 2011 at 16:10, Ketan Padegaonkar <ketanpadegaonkar@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Wed, Apr 13, 2011 at 6:26 AM, Tom Brus <tombrus@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I am specially interested in these issues because our application needs
> multi user testing and I need to orchestrate parallel starts of our
> application on multiple machines. If every instance is running its own test
> in its VM it is just harder to synchronise.

Someone had forked SWTBot to add RMI support in order to do just this.
They were building some plugins for pair programming and needed to
orchestrate 2 eclipse instances from within one test.

The fork is available at: https://github.com/szuecs/swtbot. It is
slightly out of date, but you should be able to apply those patches to
current master.

From prior testing, this form of testing is very very brittle given
the number of moving parts. I'd suggest keeping it to a bare minimum.

- Ketan
studios.thoughtworks.com | twitter.com/ketanpkr

Back to the top