Re: [stp-pmc] Re: Potential code contribution - BPEL checker

B2J doesn't use EMF and I think the BPEL checker uses the B2J code to read the BPEL and translate it which would mean it also doesn't use EMF.

We may not be talking about the same validation though. I would think the EMF validation checks the provided BPEL against the BPEL XSD schema? but the BPEL checker introduces a new language under a custom element under the standard BPEL partnerLink element which allows the author to specify valid order of invocation for a given web service. It then checks the behaviour of the BPEL to verify that the web services are called in the proper manner. So I think the BPEL checker is a level above the EMF validation which the author needs to add in.

Oisin Hurley wrote:
Does this BPEL checker uses EMF Validation ? (because BPEL uses an Ecore model, and all a generic validation framework is already available here : http://www.eclipse.org/modeling/emf/?project=validation) Here is a tutorial, if you are interested: http://help.eclipse.org/help31/index.jsp?topic=/org.eclipse.gmf.doc/tutorials/msl/validationTutorial.html

I confess I don't know - Antony (the B2J component lead) is taking a look into
this in more detail.

 best regards
  Oisin