[stp-pmc] Re: Potential code contribution - BPEL checker

I seem to get NullPointerException errors when I run both of the examples in the demo zip.

I'm not sure whether this is a static analysis project or adds checking at runtime to the code. It seems like it uses the java translation code in B2J to generate its own Java components which can then be used to verify the order of invocation, which would lead me to assume it uses B2J to implement a static checker rather than adds functionality to B2J to verify the code?

All in all it seems like the sort of thing we could incubate in STP but I have a few questions:

1. Is the language under the custom sessionProtocol element standardised? If not is it planned to be put forward as a standard or is there a standard alternative for specifying a valid order of invocation for web services

2. What are the changes made to B2J? Do the changes represent an alternative translation output or an extended translation output? Could B2J provide an API for either option to allow this to be a separate plugin

3. The project seems to be based around verifying the order of invocation for web services. How does the project deal with; multithreaded and distributed execution, and runtime assignment of endpoint references into partner links.

Has someone approached us about incubating this project in STP? Could we get an email chain going with them?

thanks

Antony

Oisin Hurley wrote:
This just in -
]
Quote:
"BPEL checker is a command-line tool for verification of BPEL code against session protocols. For a given web service implemented in the BPEL language (a BPEL script), the tool can check whether the BPEL script interacts with
other services according to the constraints on the order of operation
invocations of the other services - the constraints being expressed via session
protocols that are defined in the formalism of behavior protocols"

This is a piece of code that has been developed using the B2J component
of STP (which I believe has been modified for the purpose).

Note that some of it's dependencies are LGPL, but even still, I would like your opinion of this, and it's suitability for incubation in STP. There is
code and a demo at the site:

http://dsrg.mff.cuni.cz/projects.phtml?p=bpelchecker

 best regards
  Oisin