Re: [stp-pmc] Re: Potential code contribution - BPEL checker

Does this BPEL checker uses EMF Validation ? (because BPEL uses an Ecore model, and all a generic validation framework is already available here : http://www.eclipse.org/modeling/emf/?project=validation) Here is a tutorial, if you are interested: http://help.eclipse.org/help31/index.jsp?topic=/org.eclipse.gmf.doc/tutorials/msl/validationTutorial.html

I think it could be a good contribution.

Oisin Hurley a écrit :
Hi Antony,
Mucho thanks for taking the time to check this out. We've had a tentative
approach from a third party about this, and I think that they would be happy
to get a conversation going on the mailing list. I'll start a thread so
that we can move this on and get your questions answered.

The big issues that jump straight out are licensing related. Most of the
tools that this project is using are LGPL - which means of course that
we can't really do much with them from the perspective of Eclipse Foundation
incubation. The question then is how much value does the EPL-compatible
part of the code provide? If it can't really stand on its own, then we
cannot consider it for incubation, and the developers would be advised
to go to codehaus or google code instead.

  best regards
   Oisin

begin:vcard
fn:Etienne Juliot
n:Juliot;Etienne
org:Obeo
adr;quoted-printable:;;2 rue Robert Schuman;Rez=C3=A9;;44400;France
email;internet:etienne.juliot@xxxxxxx
tel;work:02 51 13 51 42
tel;pager:etienne.juliot@xxxxxxxxxx
tel;cell:06 86 78 14 82