Re: [stp-pmc] PROPOSAL: SOA Tools Platform Incubator Sub-Project

That (separate proposals) would be ideal from the Eclipse Development Process point of view, as long as it also works for you - I also want to avoid implementing too much overhead - I want to make it easy enough to start and experiment with new ideas. So if you're comfortable with separate proposals, great; if we find that it involves too much overhead, then let's rethink, eh?

So here's a case in point - there are 4 companies that want to contribute JBI related code to the project. Each contribution contains some overlap with the others. I would like all of these guys to contribute their code and have the respective committers come to mutual understanding of approaches and direction and then have *those guys* come up with a proposal for an official Eclipse STP sub-project. This means the proposal will line up with reality a bit better, and we have a mini community all behind a document and plan that they themselves
created. A good start for a project, I believe.

My original idea was that the incubator was to be a holder for these experimental works. The incubator doesn't actually 'release' as a project. Instead once the parties have agreed that a component is ready to work as a sub- project, a proposal gets made, is approved and what was the experiment becomes an official STP sub-project with all the process that cleaves thereto. If this is feasible
I think it would be the most appropriate direction.

 best regards
  Oisin

Registered Number: 171387