Re: [stp-pmc] PROPOSAL: SOA Tools Platform Incubator Sub-Project

I agree with you both, these are things yet to be settled. I've been
dragging my feet on this one as I kept up with the Europa devoirs,
so I haven't updated the proposal yet with Carl's input.

The elements within the alleged incubator need their own schedules, so
basically these guys are the sub-projects and ergo need their own
fully-fledged proposals. The 'incubator' is not a project in and
of itself, and is rather a state applied to the sub-projects.

Does this make sense? If so I will draft some new proposals on
the list here.

 best regards
   Oisin

yes, these are some of the issues I called out to Oisin initial proposal. It still needs a lot of work before I believe it can be let out or actioned.

thanks for the mail,
Carl.

Bjorn Freeman-Benson wrote:
Oisin, Carl,
While I applaud the idea of an STP Incubator, please note that components are not "sub-sub-projects" under the Eclipse Development Process. Components are "wholy owned subsidiaries" and thus ship on the same schedule as their owning project, etc. If you need independent sub-projects, then they have to be real sub- projects, not just components.

- Bjorn