Re: [stp-pmc] PROPOSAL: SOA Tools Platform Incubator Sub-Project

Bjorn

yes, these are some of the issues I called out to Oisin initial proposal. It still needs a lot of work before I believe it can be let out or actioned.

thanks for the mail,
Carl.

Bjorn Freeman-Benson wrote:
Oisin, Carl,
While I applaud the idea of an STP Incubator, please note that components are not "sub-sub-projects" under the Eclipse Development Process. Components are "wholy owned subsidiaries" and thus ship on the same schedule as their owning project, etc. If you need independent sub-projects, then they have to be real sub-projects, not just components.

- Bjorn