Re: [stp-dev] Policy Editor - supported WS-Policy version

On 15.01.2008, at 11:09, Oisin Hurley wrote:

One thing to keep in mind is that there might be a new version of WS-Policy during the lifetime of our tool. May take on the problem would be:

- First get the policy editor working with support for 1.5 only.
- Refactor the editor to use a policy model that provides a version- agnostic API to all components using it. - Provide implementations of the model for all policy versions that we think should be supported.

Comments/Suggestions/Flames, anyone?

My thoughts are that we should get the policy editor working with
the most prevalent version of the policy spec first (and that is
1.2 perhaps?) and then move on the other versions. The difference
between 1.2 and 1.5 seems small - a namespace change and the addition
of an extra attribute - so maybe we could have a point solution for
that situation leading up to Ganymede. This would be in preference
to constructing something more frameworklike, which may impact the
release.

What do you think?

It sure is a good idea to start with support for the version that is most heavily used. Maybe we just should go with 1.2 and start working on a common model with version-specific implementations after Ganymede? Would that be ok with everyone?

regards
	Jerry
--

Gerald Preissler
Tel.:    +49 (0)228-182 1 91 12

SOPERA GmbH - Open Source SOA
Subscription Services, Support & Maintenance, Training,
Technical SOA Consulting & Customized Development
http://www.sopera.de

SOPERA GmbH · Geschäftsführer: Dr. Ricco Deutscher
Sträßchensweg 10 · 53113 Bonn · Handelsregister: Bonn HRB 15336

Back to the top