Re: [stp-dev] Policy Editor - supported WS-Policy version

Oisin Hurley wrote:
One thing to keep in mind is that there might be a new version of WS-Policy during the lifetime of our tool. May take on the problem would be:

- First get the policy editor working with support for 1.5 only.
- Refactor the editor to use a policy model that provides a version-agnostic API to all components using it. - Provide implementations of the model for all policy versions that we think should be supported.

Comments/Suggestions/Flames, anyone?

My thoughts are that we should get the policy editor working with
the most prevalent version of the policy spec first (and that is
1.2 perhaps?) and then move on the other versions. The difference
between 1.2 and 1.5 seems small - a namespace change and the addition
of an extra attribute - so maybe we could have a point solution for
that situation leading up to Ganymede. This would be in preference
to constructing something more frameworklike, which may impact the
release.

What do you think?

 cheers
  --oh
Just to let you know that the XEF editor can work with either without any changes... Its happy to take whatever policy container is defined in the Policy XML file, as long as the XPath that points to what parts in the XML contain the actual policy assertions points to the right place in that document. Let me know if you need some examples...

David

Registered Number: 171387