Re: [stp-dev] BPMN Editor - Some Questions About Annotation support

Title: Firma SpagoWorld
Hi Antoine,

Antoine Toulme ha scritto:

> Might be a bug,  we will investigate.
Thanks. Indeed if you touch the annotation details with the Annotation
Property Section
it works correctly ( A * appear and you could save and the updates are
reflected on the bpmn file ).

ok, I tried to reproduce it and wasn't able to.

If you experience a consistent problem there, you can open a bug, attach a project in which this happen, tell us your OS, and we will investigate more.
Ok my environment is:

1) OS: Windows XP ( It could depend by operating system )
    Eclipse 3.3 Europa
    org.eclipse.stp.bpmn.feature_0.7.0.200710080602-43-7777

2) To reproduce this i do the following step:
    a) Create a bpmn diagram with the wizard
    b) drop a workspace file into pool or activity ( it's the same )
    c) close the diagram editor

    If between a) and b) i select Annotaions in Property section i go to the annotation i see
    the property called genericFile:projectRelativePath i select with the mouse the value i
    simply confirm with Enter it works.

> Is your class implementing IEAnnotationDecorator ? Did you have a look
> at FileEannotationDecorator ?

Yes Antoine. I start coding my class looking at
FileEAnnotationDecorator. I change only the code that get my icon.

Strange. Can I have a screenshot of it ?
Sure i've attached a file with screenshot.

Yes Antoine. I just have success in the drop operation that create my
annotation.
What i'm not able to do is to have the right context menu that call the
action to delete the annotation.

Ah ok. Sorry. You need to look at AbstractDeleteAnnotationAction and its implementation DeleteFileLinkAction.
The tricky part is to declare it in the extension point. You'll need to search plugin.xml and see how the DeleteFileLinkAction ID constant is used there. GMF is a bit complex when it comes to popup contributions.

Ok i looked at the class you say me and plugin xml and i've implemented my own but
it's not working.
Maybe there's an error. Here the section i try to add. Is anything wrong?

<extension
         point="org.eclipse.gmf.runtime.common.ui.services.action.contributionItemProviders">
      <contributionItemProvider
            checkPluginLoaded="true"
            class="org.eclipse.stp.bpmn.diagram.providers.BpmnDiagramActionProvider">
         <Priority name="Low">
         </Priority>

       <popupContribution class="org.eclipse.gmf.runtime.diagram.ui.providers.DiagramContextMenuProvider">
           <popupStructuredContributionCriteria objectCount="1"/>
           <popupAction
                 id="deleteIntermediateModelAnnotationAction"
                 path="/editGroup"/>
        </popupContribution>

      </contributionItemProvider>
   </extension>

By the way if you want i could send you some part of my code so you
could better look at it.

I'd rather look at it once it is in place, as this could raise some IP issues I think. But IANAL.

Antoine

--
http://antoine.toulme.name
http://www.lunar-ocean.com

Andrea Zoppello

Spagic Architect

Architect
Research & Innovation Division
Engineering Ingegneria Informatica S.p.A.
Corso Stati Uniti, 23/C - 35127 Padova - Italy
Phone:
+39-049.8692511    Fax:+39-049.8692566

www.eng.it                    www.spagoworld.org

PNG image