Re: [stp-dev] BPMN Editor - Some Questions About Annotation support

Hi Andrea, please see comments inline:

On 10/22/07, Andrea Zoppello <andrea.zoppello@xxxxxx> wrote:
Hi all,

I'm loooking at the code in source in stp bpmn editor distribution to
drag and drop files in the bpmn editor diagaram using the annotation
concept.

First aff all thanks for supporting that, it's a very useful feature.

I've tried to implement my view and drag and drop feature following the
tutorial on the eclipse wiki, to support Intermediate Model in BPMN
diagram editor.

I've three questions:

1) If i drop a file to an activity, and then close immediately the
editor it seems that the annotation is not saved in bpmn file.Otherwise
if after the annotation drop i go to the property view in annotation
section and i touch a property of the annotation than it's correctly
saved in bpmn file. This is not a very big problem, but i don't figure
why the annotation is not saved immediately.

Might be a bug,  we will investigate.

2) In the file example, i've notice that the icons that decorate the
activity shape when a file is dropped is contained inside the activity
shape. I implemented a decorator class and my icon is there when i drop
the annotation but it's visualized outside the activity shape.
I dont't know about this because the decorators have the same business
logic of the file one. Any idea? It depends by the icon size?
I know the positioning of the icon is tricky.

Is your class implementing IEAnnotationDecorator ? Did you have a look at FileEannotationDecorator ?

Does this happen all the time or only when you have one of your annotations, plus a file annotation on the figure ?

3) I dont't know ho to add to the right context menĂ¹ of the bpmn diagram
an action that drop my annotation. Is there any suggestion to support that?

You need to implement our extension point, DnDHandler. You will need to implement IDnDHandler for this, you should look at the abstract classes provided for that.

Cheers
Andrea Zoppello
--

*Andrea Zoppello*
<www.spagoworld.org>

Spagic Architect

Architect
Research & Innovation Division
*Engineering Ingegneria Informatica S.p.A.
*
Corso Stati Uniti, 23/C - 35127 Padova - Italy
Phone:  +39-049.8692511    Fax:+39-049.8692566

* www.eng.it                    www.spagoworld.org*