Re: [stp-dev] BPMN Editor - Some Questions About Annotation support

Hi Antoine thank you for the response, my comments are inline:
Antoine Toulme ha scritto:
Hi Andrea, please see comments inline:

On 10/22/07, *Andrea Zoppello* <andrea.zoppello@xxxxxx <mailto:andrea.zoppello@xxxxxx>> wrote:

    Hi all,

    I'm loooking at the code in source in stp bpmn editor distribution to
    drag and drop files in the bpmn editor diagaram using the annotation
    concept.

    First aff all thanks for supporting that, it's a very useful feature.

    I've tried to implement my view and drag and drop feature
    following the
    tutorial on the eclipse wiki, to support Intermediate Model in BPMN
    diagram editor.

    I've three questions:

    1) If i drop a file to an activity, and then close immediately the
    editor it seems that the annotation is not saved in bpmn
    file.Otherwise
    if after the annotation drop i go to the property view in annotation
    section and i touch a property of the annotation than it's correctly
    saved in bpmn file. This is not a very big problem, but i don't
    figure
    why the annotation is not saved immediately.

Might be a bug,  we will investigate.
Thanks. Indeed if you touch the annotation details with the Annotation Property Section it works correctly ( A * appear and you could save and the updates are reflected on the bpmn file ).

    2) In the file example, i've notice that the icons that decorate the
    activity shape when a file is dropped is contained inside the activity
    shape. I implemented a decorator class and my icon is there when i
    drop
    the annotation but it's visualized outside the activity shape.
    I dont't know about this because the decorators have the same business
    logic of the file one. Any idea? It depends by the icon size?

I know the positioning of the icon is tricky.

Is your class implementing IEAnnotationDecorator ? Did you have a look at FileEannotationDecorator ?

Yes Antoine. I start coding my class looking at FileEAnnotationDecorator. I change only the code that get my icon.

Does this happen all the time or only when you have one of your annotations, plus a file annotation on the figure ?
    3) I dont't know ho to add to the right context menĂ¹ of the bpmn
    diagram
    an action that drop my annotation. Is there any suggestion to
support that?

You need to implement our extension point, DnDHandler. You will need to implement IDnDHandler for this, you should look at the abstract classes provided for that.

Yes Antoine. I just have success in the drop operation that create my annotation. What i'm not able to do is to have the right context menu that call the action to delete the annotation.

    Cheers
    Andrea Zoppello
    --

    *Andrea Zoppello*
    <www.spagoworld.org <http://www.spagoworld.org>>

    Spagic Architect

    Architect
    Research & Innovation Division
    *Engineering Ingegneria Informatica S.p.A.
    *
    Corso Stati Uniti, 23/C - 35127 Padova - Italy
    Phone:  +39-049.8692511    Fax:+39-049.8692566

    * www.eng.it
    <http://www.eng.it>                    www.spagoworld.org*

http://antoine.toulme.name
http://www.lunar-ocean.com <http://www.lunar-ocean.com>
http://www.requirements-tracker.com
By the way if you want i could send you some part of my code so you could better look at it.

Thanks

--

*Andrea Zoppello*
<www.spagoworld.org>

Spagic Architect

Architect
Research & Innovation Division
*Engineering Ingegneria Informatica S.p.A.
*
Corso Stati Uniti, 23/C - 35127 Padova - Italy
Phone:  +39-049.8692511    Fax:+39-049.8692566

*www.eng.it                    www.spagoworld.org*

Back to the top