RE: [stellation-res] MySQL news: [Fwd: Re: The license change on ConnectorJ]

At 11:18 AM 11/3/2002, Jonathan Gossage wrote:
I thought there must be some way since MySQL has allowed my company to
redistribute MySQL with a commercial product.

Jonathan,

Last night, I checked out mysql.org (which redirects immediately to mysql.com, btw). http://www.mysql.com/support/arrangements.html is their initial page on licensing issues.

As noted on the page, they love selling commercial licenses (for very understandable reasons).
The commercial licenses are definitely non-GPL.
Are you sure your company isn't licensing MySQL commercially?

Regards,
Jim

Jim Wright, IBM T.J. Watson Research Center
*** The Stellation project: Advanced SCM for Collaboration
*** http://www.eclipse.org/stellation
*** Work Email: jwright@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx ------- Personal Email: jim.wright@xxxxxxx

Back to the top