[smila-dev] aperture integration

Hi aperture team,

I have some questions in regard the aperture integration:

·         what is the current status ?

·         who is working on this and who is the leading this part?

·         what is the timeline?

I ask these questions, because aperture is currently not bundled with SMILA and hence no integrated solution is available to the public.

However, we from brox, want to build a freely available product (eccenca.CE) based on SMILA that will be downloadable from our websites and we would like to include aperture into that distribution.

There has been work done by the SMILA dev. team in respect to integrating aperture into SMILA that is located in our svn @ https://<brox_svn>/svn/eccenca/eccenca/sandbox (originally it was in trunk but then moved there).

As far as I know it didn’t make it into SMILA due to CQ problems. Until the CQ problems  are resolved we would like to make the integration available under an OSS license (most likely EPL).  Later we can mutually decide to either hand over that code to SMILA or keep it where it is.

Does anybody

·         veto that idea ?

·         see problems?

·         add conditions?