[rt-pmc] Re: Virgo

Glyn Normington wrote:

> That said, there is no technical reason why an alternative Jetty-based server should not
> also be offered by Virgo. Like the proposal says this should be a fairly straightforward
> exercise. I am very happy to provide the necessary pointers to get the Jetty committers started.

Glyn,

Surely this effort should be undertaken by the Virgo (and/or Gemini) teams.

The existing DM code uses felix and the proposal has correctly undertaken to
do the work to migrate to use equinox.  Surely the proposal (and/or Gemini) should
also undertake to provide the integration service with Jetty?

It would have been highly inappropriate if Virgo expected the equinox team to
take on the extra effort to learn, implement, document and support the DM server.
So why is it OK to expect the Jetty team to do the same?

We can't have it that everytime a new project comes to rt, it is the responsibility
of the existing projects to learn and integrate with the new project.

regards

Back to the top