Re: [riena-dev] Riena 1.2.0.M1 Problems extending DialogView

I have taken on the task to setup API tooling for Riena. Its pretty handy so I went through all the projects.
I also talked to the rt-pmc about versions and API.

What we are going to do we will keep the product version of Riena as 1.2. for the next release (end of year). A very limited number of bundles will increase to 2.0. because they contain API changes. We will revert the breakage in the DialogView so that this is not a API break.

The goal is that in general your application will just run fine with the new Riena 1.2. and you dont have to recompile. There will be some bundles where we had to increment the version to 2.0.

There are some bundles that still have a provisional API that are documented here http://wiki.eclipse.org/Riena_1_1_0_Provisional_API. For those the version we will not increment the major version even if we break API.

christian