Re: [riena-dev] 1.0.0.M5 is coming

Christian Campo schrieb:
We didnt have as much time as I wished to look into the SWT Designer issuer. However I did create a new view with SWT designer that is now in the Riena Example Client.

Basically you can design your view with SWT Designer and then after some manual steps use it in Riena.

- addUIControl for every Widget that you want a ridget for
(addUIControl is important because you need to give the widget a name like "firstname")
- modify the createViewPart method into basicCreateViewPart
(that step is necessary because the super call has an implementation that should not be overwritten)

ok - thx for the info
that last step is a little awkward because SWT Designer in return can not edit view if the widgets are created in another method. We will work on a better method.

would be great
Other than that, it works pretty cool. :-)

did some other work on my project last weeks
and will start work on the client (and swt designer) using M5

BTW: a friend did also some work for me to generate dynamic riena views using EMF and ecore models
special views (and there are many) will always be designed using SWTDesigner
standard views we're trying to find a way to model and generate them
if it all will run as expected I'll make a sample project to demonstrate
the workflow would be:
* my entity model is already in UML generating code using openArchitectureWare
* for those entity dynamic views can generated with default - ridgets / markers ...
* this behaviour can changed / extended enhancing our UML model with some properties for UI
* the dynamic generated view can also be changed (DnD to reorder fields, adding/removing groups, marking fields as read-only, disabled, invisible),
these changes were saved, so the next time I generate the  ecore model instance from my UML entity model I also look at those changes, so they are not lost
--- its still alpha now, but we're in good process

ekke

christian