[rdf4j-dev] Google Summer of Code ideas

Hi folks,

Eclipse is participating in the Google Summer of Code  and have invited all projects to think about participating as well. There’s two ways in which we can become involved:

  1. Any one of us can sign up as a mentor;
  2. We can submit ideas for projects that students can work on.

I think this might be a good opportunity for RDF4J to get some “free” development cycles and a bit of exposure as well. But I’m looking for specific ideas: does anybody have any ideas on what kind of features/enhancement we could submit as ideas for GSoC?

I currently have three candidates:

  1. Support for HDT (issue #232) - useful feature but high-risk project as it already was part of GSoC before, and failed due to licensing problems;
  2. Extending the QueryRenderer for SPARQL 1.1 (#71);
  3. Extending the QueryBuilder for SPARQL 1.1 (#496);

Does anybody have other suggestions?

Cheers,

Jeen

Back to the top