[rdf4j-dev] Please fix your line endings

This is an annoyance more than a critical issue, but after the latest merge I have yet again had to commit line ending conversions in several new source files, which somehow got committed with DOS line endings instead of UNIX.

I am not entirely sure how this can even happen, given that I thought we had configured Git such that it automatically converts everything to UNIX line endings upon checkin, but it does keep happening. It seems to affect your commits in particular Mark - I’m not sure whether that is because you are the only dev on Windows, or whether there is something wrong in your setup, specifically.

Or perhaps it’s my own setup - does anybody else have Git reporting line-ending-only local changes if you check out commit a3cd98e?

I’d also be grateful if anyone with more expertise on git configuration could take a look at our .gitattributes config file and tell me where the mistake is.

Relevant links:

Thanks,

Jeen

Back to the top