Re: [ptp-user] Parallel Debugging hanging (OpenMPI) "No executable was specified on the mpirun command line. Aborting. "

Hi Vittorio,

The "Resource manager has not been started" message should not be a problem since resource managers are no longer used to launch (or debug) the application.

Can you send your error log? I'd like to see the errors in more detail.

Also, I haven't had a chance to test Mac OS X 10.8 yet, so it's possible this is related.

Thanks,
Greg

On Oct 13, 2012, at 7:32 AM, Vittorio Scarano wrote:

> Sorry for the second message in a short time: I also found that in the
> Error log, beside the error "Cannot connect to the debugger" that is
> originated by the mpirun not finding the executable, there was also an
> error "Resource manager has not been started".
>
> I understood it was not needed in the new versions, but I launched the
> view "Resource Manager" and launched a resource manager (running it,
> it appears with a green dot) but the error "Resource manager has not
> been started" keeps occurring...
>
> thanks again
>
> Vittorio
>
> On Sat, Oct 13, 2012 at 1:25 PM, Vittorio Scarano <vitsca@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Hi Greg.. thanks for your answer and sorry for my late reply
>> I tried your suggestions but after step 2 my installation of eclipse
>> (java distribution + installation of PTP tools) didn't launch anymore
>> with some memory leak at startup (out of memory space, and increasing
>> to several gb the memory only delayed the moment in the startup where
>> the error occurred.
>>
>> So, I started from scratch and I got what seems reproducible (MacOSX 10.8.2):
>> - downloaded a new Eclipse Juno distribution for Parallel application developers
>> - made it to work with helloworld program (using the openmpi 1.6.1)
>> [nothing special done: followed the wizard]
>> - created a new debugging configuration
>> - the debugger keeps showing the same behaviour ("No executable was
>> specified on the mpirun command line.").
>> - I also tried to recompile the sdm and place it in the /usr/local/bin
>> changing the parameter in the sdm file to pick it in /usr/local/bin
>> - tried both backends (gdb-mi and X10-gdb-mi), same thing happens
>> (also with the executable sdm is distributed  with eclipse)
>>
>> Thanks for your help...
>>
>> Vittorio
>>
>> On Mon, Oct 8, 2012 at 4:52 PM, Greg Watson <g.watson@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> Vittorio,
>>>
>>> Please try the following:
>>>
>>> 1. Update PTP to 6.0.2 following the instructions here: http://wiki.eclipse.org/PTP/release_notes/6.0#Updating_from_a_previous_release
>>> 2. Remove the .eclipsesettings directory and contents from your home directory
>>> 3. Remove the parallel launch configuration and create a new one
>>> 4. Try running a non-debug job to make sure it works

Back to the top