Re: [ptp-user] Parallel Debugging hanging (OpenMPI) "No executable was specified on the mpirun command line. Aborting. "

Hi Greg.. thanks for your answer and sorry for my late reply
I tried your suggestions but after step 2 my installation of eclipse
(java distribution + installation of PTP tools) didn't launch anymore
with some memory leak at startup (out of memory space, and increasing
to several gb the memory only delayed the moment in the startup where
the error occurred.

So, I started from scratch and I got what seems reproducible (MacOSX 10.8.2):
- downloaded a new Eclipse Juno distribution for Parallel application developers
- made it to work with helloworld program (using the openmpi 1.6.1)
[nothing special done: followed the wizard]
- created a new debugging configuration
- the debugger keeps showing the same behaviour ("No executable was
specified on the mpirun command line.").
- I also tried to recompile the sdm and place it in the /usr/local/bin
changing the parameter in the sdm file to pick it in /usr/local/bin
- tried both backends (gdb-mi and X10-gdb-mi), same thing happens
(also with the executable sdm is distributed  with eclipse)

Thanks for your help...

Vittorio

Back to the top