Re: [ptp-user] Photran syntax exception - to be wrong or not to be wrong (Eclipse Iuno RC3 Build id: 20120606-2254)

Hi Christoph,

called "Outline" it says the following.
<free form>
SyntaxException: Syntax error: Unexpected end of input [...]

Am I correct that these two phenomena are connected ?

Yes. If Photran can't parse the file (which is what that error indicates), Open Declaration won't work either.

There is a "report a bug" link on Photran's home page. Please feel free to report this there; you can either attach the entire source file to the bug, or if you can isolate what statement(s) cause the error, you can include that instead.

I also noted that two FORTRAN source lines are longer than 132 characters. Is
there any Eclipse instance that stops reading at column 132 ?

Actually, Photran assumes 72-character lines in fixed format by default. For instructions on changing this setting, see http://wiki.eclipse.org/PTP/photran/documentation/photran7#Configuring_Fixed_Form_Line_Width

Jeff

Back to the top