[ptp-user] Photran syntax exception - to be wrong or not to be wrong (Eclipse Iuno RC3 Build id: 20120606-2254)

Hi,

I can report about another oddity.

I noted that for one file only, the declaration of a FORTRAN variable would not
pop up, when hovering with the mouse over the variable. Hitting F3 would pop
up a window - presumably with an error message - that disappears again before
anyone can read its contents. I also noted that on the right side, in a window
called "Outline" it says the following.
<free form>
SyntaxException: Syntax error: Unexpected end of input [...]

Am I correct that these two phenomena are connected ?

Interestingly, gfortran doesn't flag an error. Neither some error indication in
the source code window (I have learned that these belong to different syntax
checkers).

I also noted that two FORTRAN source lines are longer than 132 characters. Is
there any Eclipse instance that stops reading at column 132 ? I experimented
with gfortran option -ffree-line-length-none - to no avail.

Anyone any hints ?
--

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Kind regards

Dr. Christoph Pospiech
High Performance & Parallel Computing
Phone: +49-351 86269826
Mobile: +49-171-765 5871
E-Mail: christoph.pospiech@xxxxxxxxxx
IBM Deutschland GmbH / Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Martin Jetter
Geschäftsführung: Martina Koederitz (Vorsitzende), Reinhard Reschke, Dieter
Scholz, Gregor Pillen, Joachim Heel, Christian Noll
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Ehningen / Registergericht: Amtsgericht Stuttgart, HRB
14562 / WEEE-Reg.-Nr. DE 99369940

Back to the top